Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2006/05/26 17:11:07 UTC

Re: HTMLLayout

On May 26, 2006, at 8:07 AM, joe wrote:

>  Howdy all,
>
>  i want to set timestamp format in HTMLLayout in log4j.. currently it
>  displays  time in "milliseconds" however i want it in my own
> format by
>  changing configuration in .properties file, like HH:mm,how do i do
> that ?
>
>  thank you!
>  joe

The HTMLLayout has a conversionPattern property just like
PatternLayout.  From reviewing the code, I don't see how you are
getting milliseconds unless you are specifying them in a
conversionPattern since the default pattern is just the message
text.  Review your configuration to see if you are specifying
conversionPattern for the HTMLLayout, and then change the %r to %d
{HH:mm}.