Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Donal Quinlan <do...@savvion.com> on 2003/04/01 03:37:35 UTC

automatically generating pdf's from framemaker

Right now, our tech writers write documentation with Adobe Framemaker and manually build the PDF. Does anybody know how to with ant, or any other tool for that matter, automatically generate pdf's from the Framemaker format.

What I want to do is checkout the framemaker files, generate the pdf's, continue on with the rest of the build - without anybody needing to click anything.

Thanks

Donal

RE: War element doesn't work in 1.5.2 but does in 1.5.1

Posted by Ma...@cs.tcd.ie.
No sweat. Thanks very much for your help Stefan.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Mark Gargan <Ma...@cs.tcd.ie> wrote:

>              Any tips on how to change the ant enviroment in
>              Eclipse2.1 to point to the Beta version?

I don't use eclipse, sorry.  I'd naively assume that replacing the
jars would work, but what do I know 8-)

Also note that 1.5.3 final is likely to be released within a week or
so.

Stefan

RE: War element doesn't work in 1.5.2 but does in 1.5.1

Posted by Ma...@cs.tcd.ie.
Thanks Stefan,
             Any tips on how to change the ant enviroment in Eclipse2.1
to point to the Beta version?

Thanks,
Mark.

> Has there been any change in the war element format between 1.5.1
> and 1.5.2?

Yes, it has been broken.  Try 1.5.3beta1 instead.

Stefan

Re: War element doesn't work in 1.5.2 but does in 1.5.1

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Mark Gargan <Ma...@cs.tcd.ie> wrote:

> Has there been any change in the war element format between 1.5.1
> and 1.5.2?

Yes, it has been broken.  Try 1.5.3beta1 instead.

Stefan

War element doesn't work in 1.5.2 but does in 1.5.1

Posted by Ma...@cs.tcd.ie.
Has there been any change in the war element format between 1.5.1 and
1.5.2? As war's that've been genereated with 1.5.1 don't want to
generate using 1.5.2? I'm on a XP machine using jdk1.4.1

I've had a look in the release notes but there's nothing there?

Thanks,
Mark.

I don't know about framemaker, but for generating pdfs the Amyuni pdf
printer driver works very well.  It installs as a printer and when you
print
to it, it produces a pdf.  See www.amyuni.com

Re: automatically generating pdf's from framemaker

Posted by John Burgess <jo...@riskdecisions.com>.