Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1997/11/14 05:50:00 UTC

Re: config/1144: Virtualhost troubles.... (fwd)

The following reply was made to PR config/1144; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>
To: Francis Mouthaud <mo...@freenet.fr>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: config/1144: Virtualhost troubles.... (fwd)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 20:44:13 -0800 (PST)

 Francis I don't think I ever received a response to this question.  But
 maybe I misplaced it.

 In 1.2 if you want to use name-based vhosts (which yours are) then they
 all have to have the same address as the "main server".  Generally this
 means the same address as the machine itself has.

 vhosts have been completely rewritten in 1.3, and you may want to read the
 docs at http://www.apache.org/docs/vhosts/ to see how the new stuff works.
 There were so many bugs and inconsistencies in 1.1, the 1.2 betas, and the
 1.2 release regarding vhosts that we decided a complete rewrite was the
 best approach.

 Dean