Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl> on 2015/07/31 23:49:06 UTC

Running piggybank unit tests?

Hi,

How do I correctly run a single unit test (or single class) that
resides in piggybank?
What is the recommended way of developing piggybank code?
I'm having a terrible time doing it from within IntelliJ.

--
Best regards

Niels Basjes

Re: Running piggybank unit tests?

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.
ant -Dhadoopversion=23 -Dtestcase=TestXMLLoader test

I am using eclipse and I can run piggybank UT within eclipse. What issue
with IntelliJ?

Thanks,
Daniel

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.
I got it running in Eclipse.

ant clean compile-test piggybank jar -Dhadoopversion=23

Then import it into eclipse
Then manually remove pigmix from the buildpath and add the piggybank
stuff to the build path.

Just wondering: Wouldn't having it in Maven (with piggybank being a
module/subproject) be a lot easier?
(Yes, I know; that would require a massive restructuring of the project)

Niels Basjes

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.
Thanks!

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.