Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by elisabeth benoit <el...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/09 12:25:31 UTC

does one need to reindex when changing similarity class

I've read somewhere that we do have to reindex when changing similarity
class. Is that right?

Thanks again,
Elisabeth

Re: does one need to reindex when changing similarity class

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
How about SweetSpotSimilarity? Length norm is saved at index time?

On Thursday, October 9, 2014 5:44 PM, Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com> wrote:
The similarity class is only invoked at query time, so it doesn't
participate in indexing.

-- Jack Krupansky

Hi - no you don't have to, although maybe if you changed on how norms are
encoded.
Markus

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.