Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Romi <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/24 07:43:02 UTC

how to index data in solr form database automatically

I have MySql database for my application. i implemented solr search and used
dataimporthandler(DIH)to index data from database into solr. my question is:
is there any way that if database gets updated then my solr indexes
automatically gets update for new data added in the database. . It means i
need not to run index process manually every time data base tables
changes.If yes then please tell me how can i achieve this.

-----
Thanks & Regards
Romi

Re: how to index data in solr form database automatically

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 2/4/2015 12:01 AM, nvmai wrote:
> I use crontab
> * */1 * * * wget http://blog.nhipvang.com
> :8983/solr/imuzik/dataimport?command=full-import&clean=false

That will attempt to start a full-import once a minute.  Requests sent
while an import is already underway will fail, but this basically means
that your solr instance will *always* be doing a full import.

That's probably not what you want.

A time specification of "0 * * * *" would do the import once an hour.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: how to index data in solr form database automatically

Posted by nvmai <di...@yahoo.com>.
I use crontab
* */1 * * * wget http://blog.nhipvang.com
:8983/solr/imuzik/dataimport?command=full-import&clean=false

-----
mẹo làm đẹp

Re: how to index data in solr form database automatically

Posted by Renato Eschini <r....@inera.it>.
Why don't you use DataImportHandler?

We use DIH, we have a wget based bash script that is runned by cron
every about 2 minutes. DIH is called in delta-query mode.
The bash script waork in this way:

1) first call a wget on DIH status

2) analyze wget DIH status "/dataimport?command=status"

2.1) if status is **busy** do nothing and exit (beacuse DIH is already
running)

2.2) if status is **idle** do "/dataimport?command=delta-import&clean=false"

3) exit

--

Renato Eschini
     Inera srl

Rispetta l'ambiente - è veramente necessario stampare questa e-mail?
Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this e-mail?

Re: how to index data in solr form database automatically

Posted by Renato Eschini <r....@inera.it>.
On 27/06/11 11:01, Romi wrote:
> Can i not use it for full-import ??
yes!!!
You must only change

urlCmd='http://localhost:8080/solr/mycore/dataimport?command=delta-import&clean=false'

in

urlCmd='http://localhost:8080/solr/mycore/dataimport?command=full-import&clean=false'

or

urlCmd='http://localhost:8080/solr/mycore/dataimport?command=full-import&clean=true'

or as you desire!!

Consult DIH handler wiki for the complete list of support params......

Posted by Romi <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Renato Eschini <r....@inera.it>.
Start from this point:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler

So, you can try to use this script:

#!/bin/bash
wgetProgram=wget
urlCmd='http://localhost:8080/solr/mycore/dataimport?command=delta-import&clean=false'
statusCmd='http://localhost:8080/solr/mycore/dataimport?command=status'
outputDir=.
$wgetProgram -O $outputDir/check_status_update_index.txt ${statusCmd}
2>/dev/null
status=`fgrep idle $outputDir/check_status_update_index.txt`
if [[ ${status} == *idle* ]]
then
     $wgetProgram -O $outputDir/status_update_index.txt ${urlCmd}
2>/dev/null
fi

save it somewhere (ex. /root/script_solr) like "update-solr.sh" and
chmod +x.....

Now you can config it from root user in crontab:
linux:~# crontab -e

and insert for run every 2 minutes:

*/2 * * * * cd /root/script_solr && /root/script_solr/update-solr.sh

Posted by Romi <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for answering but i don't know  how to write script for fetching data
from database and index it in to solr and how to setup this script as
cron-job to run automatically at certain interval.

Please suggest .

-----

Posted by Mohammad Shariq <sh...@gmail.com>.

On 24 June 2011 17:23, Romi <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> would you please tell me how can i use Cron for auto index my database
> tables
> in solr
>
> -----
> Thanks & Regards
> Romi

Thanks and Regards
Mohammad Shariq

Re: how to index data in solr form database automatically

Posted by Pranav Prakash <pr...@gmail.com>.
Cron is a time-based job scheduler in Unix-like computer operating systems.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron

*Pranav Prakash*

"temet nosce"

Twitter <http://twitter.com/pranavprakash> | Blog <http://blog.myblive.com> |
Google <http://www.google.com/profiles/pranny>

Posted by Anshum <an...@gmail.com>.
How about having a delta-import and a cron to trigger the post?

--
Anshum Gupta
http://ai-cafe.blogspot.com