Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Jeff Kubina <je...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/05 00:21:47 UTC

setting tserver configs from the accumulo shell

Does changing the values of tserver configs in the accumulo shell, like
"config -s tserver.server.threads.minimum=256", require a restart of all
the tservers to become effective?

Re: setting tserver configs from the accumulo shell

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
At most, yes.

The properties which affect both would be the ones which start with
"general." or "instance.", with the latter being ones which must be the
same across the cluster in order for servers to participate in the same
cluster.

For all X, not in {general, instance}, properties starting with "X." should
only affect servers of type X. Otherwise, that's almost certainly a bug.

Posted by Jeff Kubina <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.
That is what I recall as well Josh.  It is confusing for sure.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Gotcha, Billie. I realize that I misinterpreted what you were saying
earlier :)

I think it would be good for us to annotate properties which are not
dynamically picked up instead of relying on "words". Hopefully it is
very few properties which are not dynamically updating by now (but I'm
not sure).

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.