Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2014/02/20 19:57:55 UTC

Re: About International Mother Language Day

Great.  Here is Khan's draft along with some information on AOO
language support:

https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=international_mother_language_day_2014

If there are any corrections please get them ASAP.  I'd like to go
live with in 4 hours or so.

-Rob

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> If there are any corrections please get them ASAP.  I'd like to go
>> live with in 4 hours or so.
>

> I got the "Expired certificate" errors too, but I've seen Infra discussing
> this recently, so I'm rather sure they know.
>
> If you count languages, make sure (for accuracy) to remove "kid" that is an
> artificial language we use for KeyIDs and has no native speakers (not to be
> confused with a real human language that has ISO code "kid").

OK.  I reduced the count by 1, so we don't count 'kid'.

Regards,

-Rob

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Donald Whytock <dw...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:04 PM, Donald Whytock <dw...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
>> flowers
>> > there. This is a big event in Bangladesh. Many foreigners visit
>> Bangladesh
>> > just to experience the way the Bangladeshi people give respect to those
>> > brave hearts. Every town of Bangladesh has a Language Martyr's Monument,
>> > where local people give flowers.  A Language Martyr's Monument is also
>> > built in Ikebukoro park of Tokyo, Japan. There are also Language
>> Martyr's
>> > Monument in USA, UK, Italy and many other countries. Please think about
>> > your Mother Language not only on February 21 but also on other days.
>> >

>> > With Best Regards,
>> > Khan Md. Anwarus Salam

>> behind

>> will be
>> post.

> "This site's security certificate has expired!"

"Ikebukoro park" -> "Ikebukoro Park"

Aside from that, would it be desirable to mention how any language can be
developed for AOO, even as an independent effort?

Re: About International Mother Language Day

Posted by Donald Whytock <dw...@apache.org>.
> [...]

> > Monument in USA, UK, Italy and many other countries. Please think about
> > your Mother Language not only on February 21 but also on other days.
> >

> > With Best Regards,
> > Khan Md. Anwarus Salam
> >

> > On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 6:22 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org
> >wrote:

> behind
> >>>

> >> We are now very close to the deadline, so if you can write something we
> >> can look into publishing it, even though I'm not sure whether there
> will be
> >> enough time to complete it with some information about the OpenOffice
> >> language support. If someone can help with that, we could have a nice
> post.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>   Andrea.

"This site's security certificate has expired!"

Don