Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alayne Wartell <al...@towers.com> on 2002/11/19 21:41:45 UTC

intermittent exception in TilesRequestProcessor

Hi,
I'm getting the below exception, but only after hot-deploying a class file
-- for example, an ActionForm-derived class. I believe the error occurs
only on pages that use the particular deployed class.
I just added the Tiles plug-in and configured the TilesRequestProcessor. I
do have a tiles-def.xml which is not being used yet except for a very
simple test page. But no one is currently working with the test page; no
other pages use any Tiles features at all. The exception seems to occur on
any page
I'm running WebLogic 6.1.1 and suspect the problem is server-specific.
Tomcat runs fine. Therefore, I don't expect that anyone will have any ideas
for me; but I'm still hoping.
Thanks.

<[WebAppServletContext(7201182,nasWebApp,/nasWebApp)] Servlet failed with
Exception>
java.lang.NullPointerException
      at
org.apache.struts.tiles.definition.ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper.getDefinition(ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper.java:56)
      at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition(TilesRequestProcessor.java:195)
      at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(TilesRequestProcessor.java:317)
      at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionForward(RequestProcessor.java:401)
      at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:279)
      at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1349)
      at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:489)
      at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:263)
      at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:200)
      at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:2390)
      at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:1959)
      at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)