Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Christophe JAILLET <ch...@wanadoo.fr> on 2021/05/03 19:25:27 UTC

Re: [RESULT - PASS - aborted] Release httpd-2.4.47

Le 28/04/2021 à 15:22, Christophe JAILLET a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> With 8 binding PMC +1 votes, 3 additional +1 votes from the community,
> and no -1 votes, I'm pleased to report that the vote has PASSED to
> release 2.4.47.
>
> I will begin the process of pushing to the distribution mirrors which
> should enable us for an announcement in the coming days.
>

> Here are the votes I have recorded during the thread:
> (apologies if I missed someone)
> PMC:
>      covener, dferradal, jailletc36, jblond, jorton, rjung,
>      steffenal, ylavic
>
> Community an commiters:
>      Giovanni Bechis, Noel Butler, Jan Ehrhardt
>
> The systems that have been tested on include:
>      AIX/xlc   (PPC64)
>      CentOS 7.9
>      Debian 9, 10, 11
>      Fedora 33
>      OpenBSD 6.9
>      RHEL 6, 7, 8
>      Slackware 14.0, 14.2 and 15 beta
>      SLES 11, 12, 15
>      Solaris 10   (Sparc)
>      Ubuntu 21.04
>      Windows   (x86 and x64)
>

> Thanks to all of you for your time and cycles for testing on all these
> different platforms and configurations.
>
> Christophe JAILLET

Hi all,

as you probably have noticed, the 2.4.47 has been distributed on mirrors
but not announced, neither on your favorite ML, nor on the official
httpd.apache.org website.

The reason is a very last minute regression discovered a few hours
before the announcement.

So, as the 2.4.32 release in March 2018, this 2.4.47 release will never
be officially announced.

A fix for the regression has already been proposed on trunk (r1889341).
It should be reviewed and tested and, if agreed, backported to 2.4.x.

So, I propose to give a little time for all this to occur and I already
plan a new T&R on Sunday May 16, 2021, hoping for a successful release
on Sunday May 23 or Monday May 24.

Best regards,
Christophe JAILLET