Posted to netcat@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2018/11/07 11:08:58 UTC

Apache NetBeans 10 vc-3: looks solid

Hi all,

Laszlo has put together the 3rd voting candidate, with all info collected
over here:

https://blogs.apache.org/netbeans/entry/is-apache-netbeans-10-ready

I've seen several people closing issues over the past few days because
they're found that they;ve been solved in 10-vc2 or 10-vc3.

We're getting to the end of the survey deadline, i.e., November 11th COB.

That means, unless we find actual real blockers that should prevent Apache
NetBeans 10 from being released, we'll start voting on the sources
(remember, Apache does not release binaries, it releases sources, at most
the binaries are known as 'convenience binaries, but that's not the focus
of an Apache release):

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/NetCAT+10.0+Schedule

We do need to, of course, work on the many non-blocking issues that have
been uncovered, and need to put together a plan for that, starting with
evaluating them (maybe we can assign a set number per week to ourselves,
e.g., evaluate 10 per week per person, something like that), and then
tackle solving them.

Anyway, this is where we are -- please get hold of 10-vc3, try to reproduce
your issues, fill in the survey, next week we should begin the official
PPMC vote thread for the release.

Thanks,

Gj

Re: Apache NetBeans 10 vc-3: looks solid

Posted by Rodrigo Teixeira Andreotti <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hello, guys!

I downloaded Netbeans VC3 today, I've been using it since VC1 for my
day-to-day work and it has worked perfectly.
But in VC3 I came across a detail that was not happening in VC2.

Search and replace is with a bug, which I already reported on Jira as well (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues/NETBEANS-1624).
When I try to replace something, netbeans replaces "nothing" ... lol

I am attaching a message of behavior
[image: After Replace.jpg]

[image: http://www.eximiaweb.com.br/_images/Assinatura.png]

Posted by Rodrigo Teixeira Andreotti <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hello, guys!

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hi Emilian,

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hi Emilian,

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hi Emilian,

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
I don't suppose the Nov 15th date shown on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/NetCAT+10.0+Schedule
includes the 3 days we have to keep the incubator vote, right?

So we are looking for Nov 19th for the actual release date, right?

--emi
On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 1:09 PM Geertjan Wielenga
<ge...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Laszlo has put together the 3rd voting candidate, with all info collected
> over here:
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/netbeans/entry/is-apache-netbeans-10-ready
>
> I've seen several people closing issues over the past few days because
> they're found that they;ve been solved in 10-vc2 or 10-vc3.
>
> We're getting to the end of the survey deadline, i.e., November 11th COB.
>
> That means, unless we find actual real blockers that should prevent Apache
> NetBeans 10 from being released, we'll start voting on the sources
> (remember, Apache does not release binaries, it releases sources, at most
> the binaries are known as 'convenience binaries, but that's not the focus
> of an Apache release):
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/NetCAT+10.0+Schedule
>
> We do need to, of course, work on the many non-blocking issues that have
> been uncovered, and need to put together a plan for that, starting with
> evaluating them (maybe we can assign a set number per week to ourselves,
> e.g., evaluate 10 per week per person, something like that), and then
> tackle solving them.
>
> Anyway, this is where we are -- please get hold of 10-vc3, try to reproduce
> your issues, fill in the survey, next week we should begin the official
> PPMC vote thread for the release.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gj

Re: Apache NetBeans 10 vc-3: looks solid

Posted by sl...@slimdude.com.
Is there any documentation on how to build binaries? For Mac OSX?

Cheers,

Slim

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

AW: Apache NetBeans 10 vc-3: looks solid

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
Afaik, there is still one blocker left with a PR https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/1012

Cheers

Chris

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
Hey Jan,

TLDR;
you are absolutely Right. I tried it in NB 8.2 but I use the notification Plugin where the notifications went to the Notify API from the OS, so I didn’t realized it, but yes it happens there too. Yes, it only appears in the notification area BUT, if you have opened that window/Dialog once to see what happens, after Closing it, it will appears as a separate Dialog again, when the error occurs.

So yes I will switch it to critical and wait for a fix. It appears for me, while I tried to Change Code inside of a NetBeans module and I realized it in NB 10 first because my use case was to double click at the end and select the Code. I set it to blocker, not only due to annoying, but IMHO such a exception window, should never come up while working in a normal case. Now I notice that it is inside the notification first. Thx for that.

The NPE is a bit more worse, because find usages is a common workflow and it doesn’t work that correct than before.

Cheers

Chris

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Great. Looks like we're discussing our way to the Apache NetBeans 10
release.

The main question is, has anything, or will anything, be added to the
release100 branch -- if 'yes', we'll need a vc4, which will be the actual
voting candidate, if 'no', then vc3 is the voting candidate and we should
use the thread Laszlo set up to vote on the sources.

Gj

Posted by Attila Kelemen <at...@gmail.com>.
As far as I remember this was always the case for SEVERE logs with
exceptions and pop-up only happened for WARNING (a little odd, but I
thought that was intended).

Attila

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,