Posted to user@spark.apache.org by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com> on 2016/02/09 20:36:27 UTC

Appropriate Apache Users List Uses

All, I received this today, is this appropriate list use? Note: This was
unsolicited.

Thanks
John

From: Pierce Lamb <pl...@snappydata.io>
11:57 AM (1 hour ago)
to me

Hi John,

wanted to reach out. My company, SnappyData, just launched an open source
OLTP + OLAP Database built on Spark. Our lead investor is Pivotal, whose
largest owner is EMC which makes ***** like a father figure :)

SnappyData’s goal is two fold: Operationalize Spark and deliver truly
interactive queries. To do this, we first integrated Spark with an
in-memory database with a pedigree of production customer deployments:
GemFireXD (GemXD).

GemXD operationalized Spark via:

-- True high availability

-- A highly concurrent environment

-- An OLTP engine that can process transactions (mutable state)

With GemXD as a storage engine, we packaged SnappyData with Approximate
Query Processing (AQP) technology. AQP enables interactive response times
even when data volumes are huge because it allows the developer to trade
latency for accuracy. AQP queries (SQL queries with a specified error rate)
execute on sample tables -- tables that have taken a stratified sample of
the full dataset. As such, AQP queries enable much faster decisions when
100% accuracy isn’t needed and sample tables require far fewer resources to
manage.

If that sounds interesting to you, please check out our Github repo (our
release is hosted there under “releases”):

https://github.com/SnappyDataInc/snappydata

We also have a technical paper that dives into the architecture:
http://www.snappydata.io/snappy-industrial

Are you currently using Spark at ****? I’d love to set up a call with you
and hear about how you’re using it and see if SnappyData could be a fit.

In addition to replying to this email, there are many ways to chat with us:
https://github.com/SnappyDataInc/snappydata#community-support

Hope to hear from you,

Pierce

plamb@snappydata.io

http://www.twitter.com/snappydata

Re: Appropriate Apache Users List Uses

Posted by Pierce Lamb <ri...@gmail.com>.
I sent this mail. It was not automated or part of a mass email.

My apologies for misuse.

Pierce

Posted by "Uwe@Moosheimer.com" <Uw...@Moosheimer.com>.

Posted by Ryan Victory <rv...@gmail.com>.