Posted to ddlutils-dev@db.apache.org by Tony Rippy <to...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/04 02:18:33 UTC

Java 1.4 and JAXP

Hi Folks,

I just switched my Eclipse project settings to Java 1.4.2, and noticed
some compiler errors in org.apache.ddlutils.io.ModelValidator. It
seems the javax.xml.validation package wasn't added until Java 1.5.0.
Easy to fix, we just need to add a Maven dependency on Apache Xerces2,
which AFAIK is used by the Sun JRE under the hood.

I would have submitted a patch, but I wasn't sure what version of
Xerces we should be using. Any preferences?

- Tony