Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by tomk <rr...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/13 15:50:48 UTC

executing jar application with ignite server

Hello,
Maybe, I don't understand something, but how to execute program on server
node ?
I mean something like spark-submit.

Re: executing jar application with ignite server

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
You can also check out the GridGain Add-on listed here:
https://ignite.apache.org/addons.html#web-console

It will automatically generate all the mapping code between DB and Ignite,
as well as provide the store implementation.

D.

Posted by Alexei Scherbakov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I strongly recommend you to start from reading Ignite documentation
http://apacheignite.readme.io

and studiyng examples
https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/master/examples

If you specifically want to propagates cache updates to relational
database,  please check the chapter
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/persistent-store

and the example:
https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/examples/datagrid/store/jdbc/
CacheJdbcStoreExample.java

You could easily roll your own CacheStore to implement desired behavior for
cache updates.

> No, I show you my case:
>
> I have a program which get data - in cyclic way. When it receives data I
> compute some things and as result I get row.
> The row I would like to write-through
>
> All program is packed into jar,
> main funcions look like:
> main (){
>    while (true){
>      row = getNewData ();
>      computed_row = compute (row);
>      cacheWriter.saveIntoCacheAndDB (computed_row);
> }
> cacheWriter is my class (in plans).
> How should I organize this code ? Where should I create object Ignite ?
>
> When it comes to write-through - at this moment I can use it and implement
> it.

Best regards,
Alexei Scherbakov

Re: executing jar application with ignite server

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can use Compute Grid [1] to execute custom code on the server nodes. Is
that what you're looking for?

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/compute-grid

-Val