Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by MathxH <br...@foxmail.com> on 2015/11/06 07:45:38 UTC

CMS cannot receive the file content from JMS create BlobMessage contains file content

System Enviroment:

1.ActiveMQ broker version is 5.9.1
2.CMS  version is 3.9.0  ---------------this version support BlobMessage
3.JMS version is 1.1

4. (1)java version is 1.8.0_40
    (2)java TM  SE rumtime enviroment (build 1.8.0_40-b26)
    (3)java HotSpot b4-bit server VM (build 25.40-b25,mixed mode)

Here is details:

I need to  transfer big files between different language clients (JMS and
CMS) with ActiveMQ,then, the issue comes to show:
    I use JMS create BlobMessage to send it with file.(producer) and use CMS
receive this BlobMessage(consumer) , CMS cannot get the file content.  I am
pretty sure that BlobMessage has sent to broker successfully and CMS can
receive this blobmessage (because I can get related Message Properties from
JMS),BUT!!,    CMS cannot get file Content.

JMS code snippet as follows:
*
        BlobMessage blobMessage = session.createBlobMessage(file);

        blobMessage.setStringProperty("FILE.NAME", file.getName());

        blobMessage.setLongProperty("FILE.SIZE", file.length());

        System.out.println("start send file:" + file.getName() + ",file
size:"

                + file.length() + " bytes");

        producer.send(blobMessage);

        System.out.println("send complete:" + file.getName());

        producer.close();

        session.close();

        connection.close();
*

CMS code snippet as follows:
*
void onMessage( const Message* message ) {

      commands::ActiveMQBlobMessage* blobMessage =
dynamic_cast<commands::ActiveMQBlobMessage*>(message);

		if (blobMessage)
		{
			commands::Message* cmdMsg = (commands::Message*)blobMessage;
			if (cmdMsg)
			{
				std::vector<unsigned char> properties =
cmdMsg->getMarshalledProperties();
				LIST_PROPERTIES  lstProperties;
				int nErr = ParseProperties(properties, lstProperties);
				if (nErr == 0)
				{
					// get related properties
					getMessageHeader(lstProperties, header, nFileSize);

					if (nFileSize > 0)
					{
						// get file content,but  vector fileContent size is always
zero
						std::vector<unsigned char> fileContent;
						fileContent = blobMessage->getContent();
					}
				}
			}
		}
    }
*

Re: CMS cannot receive the file content from JMS create BlobMessage contains file content

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 11/06/2015 01:45 AM, MathxH wrote:
> System Enviroment:
>
> 1.ActiveMQ broker version is 5.9.1
> 2.CMS  version is 3.9.0  ---------------this version support BlobMessage
> 3.JMS version is 1.1
>

> 4. (1)java version is 1.8.0_40
>     (2)java TM  SE rumtime enviroment (build 1.8.0_40-b26)
>     (3)java HotSpot b4-bit server VM (build 25.40-b25,mixed mode)

> Here is details:
>
> I need to  transfer big files between different language clients (JMS and
> CMS) with ActiveMQ,then, the issue comes to show:
>     I use JMS create BlobMessage to send it with file.(producer) and use CMS
> receive this BlobMessage(consumer) , CMS cannot get the file content.  I am
> pretty sure that BlobMessage has sent to broker successfully and CMS can
> receive this blobmessage (because I can get related Message Properties from
> JMS),BUT!!,    CMS cannot get file Content.
>
> JMS code snippet as follows:
> *
>         BlobMessage blobMessage = session.createBlobMessage(file);
>
>         blobMessage.setStringProperty("FILE.NAME", file.getName());
>
>         blobMessage.setLongProperty("FILE.SIZE", file.length());
>
>         System.out.println("start send file:" + file.getName() + ",file
> size:"
>
>                 + file.length() + " bytes");
>
>         producer.send(blobMessage);
>
>         System.out.println("send complete:" + file.getName());
>
>         producer.close();
>
>         session.close();
>
>         connection.close();
> *
>
> CMS code snippet as follows:
> *
> void onMessage( const Message* message ) {
>
>       commands::ActiveMQBlobMessage* blobMessage =
> dynamic_cast<commands::ActiveMQBlobMessage*>(message);
>
> 		if (blobMessage)
> 		{
> 			commands::Message* cmdMsg = (commands::Message*)blobMessage;
> 			if (cmdMsg)
> 			{
> 				std::vector<unsigned char> properties =
> cmdMsg->getMarshalledProperties();
> 				LIST_PROPERTIES  lstProperties;
> 				int nErr = ParseProperties(properties, lstProperties);
> 				if (nErr == 0)
> 				{
> 					// get related properties
> 					getMessageHeader(lstProperties, header, nFileSize);
>

> 					if (nFileSize > 0)
> 					{
> 						// get file content,but  vector fileContent size is always
> zero
> 						std::vector<unsigned char> fileContent;
> 						fileContent = blobMessage->getContent();
> 					}
> 				}
> 			}
> 		}
>     }
> *

Copied from last reply:

The CMS client does not do the work of downloading the blob message
content from the defined remote URL as things like HTTP and FTP are not
built into C++, you need to bake your own solution for how the content
is downloaded from the remote source.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.