Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ch...@cec.eu.int on 2003/07/02 15:11:41 UTC

Ms Office

Hi All,

I'm using slide 1.16 on a window XP machine. Everything is good when I
update my Msoffice documents from a webfolder but my ms offices document are
on read-only when I access them from internet explorer (6.0). I'm correclty
connected to the webapps via  the tomcat realm.

Do you know why thoses documents are on read-only via internet explorer ?

Regards,
Christophe

Re: Ms Office

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com>.
Christophe,

You have gone farther than I have on the same road I want to travel.  I
have been trying to get the SlideRealm working, and have made good
progress, but still as yet do not have it working with Web Folders.

I will answer your question with what I believe is the case and would ask
that you go to the SlideProjectPages Wiki at:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?SlideRealm

and review the steps we have assembled there to get the SlideRealm working
so we can do what you are already doing.

I believe the answer to your question is that Web Folders uses the
Microsoft WebDAV client while IE does not, therefore you get read only via
the browser.

Michael Oliver
CTO/Matrix Intermedia
7391 S. Bullrider Ave.