Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Max Berger <ma...@berger.name> on 2008/02/12 17:55:45 UTC

Repository properties?

Dear Fop devs,

I'd like to make some property changes in svn:

On all java files:
- set svn:eol-style native
- set svn:keywords Author Date Id Revision

supply a .sh script "fixproperties.sh" in the root dir which does this
automatically (should  be run from time to time)

On hyph
ignore *.xml

To be discussed:
on *xml
- set svn:eol-style native

Note that something similar has been discussed for xmlgraphics [1].

Please let me know if you see a problem.

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-general/200707.mbox/%3c46A8B548.9070706@anyware-tech.com%3e

Max

Re: Repository properties?

Posted by Max Berger <ma...@berger.name>.
Vincent,

thanks for noticing. Seems like -or does not work as I would expect it
too. I've fixed it (commitig right now).

Max

Re: Repository properties?

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.
Hi Max,

Re: Repository properties?

Posted by Max Berger <ma...@berger.name>.
Dear Fop-Devs,

Re: Repository properties?

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Repository properties?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.

On 12.02.2008 17:55:45 Max Berger wrote:
> Dear Fop devs,
>
> I'd like to make some property changes in svn:
>
> On all java files:
> - set svn:eol-style native
> - set svn:keywords Author Date Id Revision
>
> supply a .sh script "fixproperties.sh" in the root dir which does this
> automatically (should  be run from time to time)
>
> On hyph
> ignore *.xml
>
> To be discussed:
> on *xml
> - set svn:eol-style native
>
> Note that something similar has been discussed for xmlgraphics [1].
>
> Please let me know if you see a problem.
>
> [1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-general/200707.mbox/%3c46A8B548.9070706@anyware-tech.com%3e
>
> Max

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Repository properties?

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On Feb 12, 2008, at 17:55, Max Berger wrote:

> Dear Fop devs,
>
> I'd like to make some property changes in svn:
>
> On all java files:
> - set svn:eol-style native

This should ideally already be the case. At least, I know I have
configured SVN locally to force this (as do a lot of the committers,
IIC)

> - set svn:keywords Author Date Id Revision

Same for "Id". No strong opinion on the other keywords on my account.

> supply a .sh script "fixproperties.sh" in the root dir which does this
> automatically (should  be run from time to time)

That seems like a good idea. OTOH, I'd rather stress on the site
somewhere that anyone who has commit-privileges configures his SVN
client so it becomes an automatism for every committer.

> On hyph
> ignore *.xml
>
> To be discussed:
> on *xml
> - set svn:eol-style native

I also set this for the fotree- and layoutengine-testcases (I think;
will check and confirm)

In general: +1

Cheers

Andreas