Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2016/03/05 15:54:01 UTC

New video showing the upcoming dynamic layout support

at https://youtu.be/MxewC5Pve5k

this feature will be available in Apache v1.12.0, which I expect to be
released by the end of this month (March 2016) at the latest.  The code is
in 1.12.0-SNAPSHOT master branch if you want to try it out before then.

I didn't mention it in the video, but the feature also provides a service
action (on the prototyping menu) to download XML layouts for all existing
domain objects; the downloaded files capture all existing layout semantics
(either .layout.json or annotations).  This should make it very
straightforward to migrate to using dynamic XML layouts.

Comments welcome, as always

Cheers
Dan

RE: New video showing the upcoming dynamic layout support

Re: New video showing the upcoming dynamic layout support

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
On 7 March 2016 at 10:18, Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> wrote:

> Working on updating the website docs at the moment...

docs updated

http://isis.apache.org/guides/ugfun.html#_ugfun_object-layout_dynamic_xml
http://isis.apache.org/guides/rgsvc.html#_rgsvc_api_LayoutService
http://isis.apache.org/guides/rgsvc.html#_rgsvc_spi_GridService
http://isis.apache.org/guides/rgsvc.html#_rgsvc_spi_GridLoaderService
http://isis.apache.org/guides/rgsvc.html#_rgsvc_spi_GridSystemService
http://isis.apache.org/guides/rgcms.html#_rgcms_classes_layout

Re: New video showing the upcoming dynamic layout support

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
On 7 Mar 2016 10:10 am, "Óscar Bou - GOVERTIS" <o....@govertis.com> wrote:

> Could the user specify by annotation that an action must be attached  by
default to a given properties/collections group?
> AFAIK it’s a new option.

Yes, in the @MemberOrder#name attribute it is now possible to specify the
fieldset name directly. Previously one had to specify the id of a property
that was in the fieldset.

> Not sure if you’re planning to support on annotations all those layout
options (grids, etc.).

No plans at the moment. However, any existing annotations (or indeed
metadata from a layout.json file) will continue to be honoured...
@MemberOrder is used to bind a property to a fieldset, and the @XxxLayout
annotations provide UI hints for the object members themselves.

Working on updating the website docs at the moment...

Cheers,
Dan

Posted by Óscar Bou - GOVERTIS <o....@govertis.com>.
Hi, Dan.

Really nice to see all this in Apache Isis.

It’s really flexible and has all requirements we detailed in the email discussion: tabs, custom property groups (we internally called them sections), …
Also it’s really nice the option to attach the actions to a group header, in addition to a property/collection or the object.

Posted by Stephen Cameron <st...@gmail.com>.
I'm holding off watching the "eye candy" video until other things are done.
I am sure it will be great when do, my thanks Dan.