Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Adrian Dick <ad...@uk.ibm.com> on 2004/07/27 18:39:01 UTC

Problem with WSDL2Ws - have we picked up a partial fix?

Hi,

We've just picked up the latest version of code from CVS, and seeing the
following problem when compiling stubs generated by WSDL2Ws.
Type1.h:18: syntax error before `>' token
Type1.h:19: declaration of `char*Type1::Type1'
Type1.h:18: conflicts with previous declaration `int Type1::Type1'
Type1.h:19: syntax error before `>' token
Type1.h:20: declaration of `char*Type1::Type1'
Type1.h:18: conflicts with previous declaration `int Type1::Type1'
Type1.h:20: syntax error before `>' token
Type1.h:21: declaration of `int Type1::Type1'
Type1.h:18: conflicts with previous declaration `int Type1::Type1'
Type1.h:21: syntax error before `>' token
Type1.h:22: declaration of `char*Type1::Type1'
Type1.h:18: conflicts with previous declaration `int Type1::Type1'
Type1.h:22: syntax error before `>' token
Type1.h:19: duplicate member `Type1::Type1'
Type1.h:20: duplicate member `Type1::Type1'
Type1.h:21: duplicate member `Type1::Type1'
Type1.h:22: duplicate member `Type1::Type1'
Type1.h:22: duplicate member `Type1::Type1'
Type1.h:18: warning: field `int Type1::Type1' with same name as class
Type1.h:20: warning: field `char*Type1::Type1' with same name as class
EnumerationClient.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
EnumerationClient.cpp:23: `class Type1' has no member named `enum_string'
EnumerationClient.cpp:24: `class Type1' has no member named
`att_enum_string'
EnumerationClient.cpp:25: `class Type1' has no member named `enum_int'
EnumerationClient.cpp:26: `class Type1' has no member named `att_enum_int'
EnumerationClient.cpp:27: `class Type1' has no member named `att_enum_kind'
EnumerationClient.cpp:40: `class Type1' has no member named `att_enum_int'
EnumerationClient.cpp:41: `class Type1' has no member named
`att_enum_string'
EnumerationClient.cpp:42: `class Type1' has no member named `enum_int'
EnumerationClient.cpp:43: `class Type1' has no member named `enum_string'
EnumerationClient.cpp:44: `class Type1' has no member named `att_enum_kind'

With the offending file containing:
    int Type1>att_enum_int;
    xsd__string Type1>att_enum_string;
    xsd__string Type1>att_enum_kind;
    int Type1>enum_int;
    xsd__string Type1>enum_string;

Is this a case of unfortunate timing on our part, and taking a partial fix
out of CVS?

Thanks,,
Adrian
_______________________________________
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)

Re: Problem with WSDL2Ws - have we picked up a partial fix?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
> Client side -stubs and in server side skeletons & wrappers are
> generating using the latest cvs checkout and axis-1_2Beta axis jars.

using the latest cvs "Axis C++" checkout and axis-1_2Beta axis "Java" jars.

Samisa...

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Problem with WSDL2Ws - have we picked up a partial fix?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
This problem really comes from the "Utils.getNodeNameQName" method of Axis Java tool.
For some reason when a dom node is passed to the above method, the QName object returns gives
incorrect value for method getLocalPart.

An altenative fix is to change the processChildElementNode method of
src/wsdl/org/apache/axis/wsdl/symbolTable/SchemaUtils.java
In there if you change
    QName nodeName = Utils.getNodeNameQName(elementNode);
    QName nodeName = new QName( elementNode.getAttributes().getNamedItem("name").getNodeValue() );

the problem goes away.

Now this (as well as the solution that Nithya has given) is a hack.
The real solution would be to fix the problem in
Utils.getNodeNameQName

For this we may have to get the help from Axis Java team.
(even if this is something wrong with Axis C++ code, it is better to consult original authors)

Thanks,
Samisa...

--- nithya@opensource.lk wrote:

> [...]
> >> names
> >> are set up. However, in the Type class there is code to remove or change
> >> the name of the Type to replace ">" with "_".
> >> Now, that's all fine and I can happily put in some code to fix this
> >> problem
> >> in the elements too but my more important question is - did this file
> >> have
> >> this before or was it somewhere else ( somewhere that's better?) that
> >> someone has mistakenly removed?
> >>
> >> I'm confused because this wsdl used to work quite happily so this has
> >> changed very recently. Now, I also have the question of ohw you could
> >> create the WSDL OK - did you look inside the record and see the
> >> attribute
> >> names? If you did and they were all OK for you then my real question is
> >> what am I doing wrong that I can't get the correct level of code?
> >>
> >> Any help would be appreciated.
> >> thanks,
> >> John
> >>

> >>              John
> >>              Hawkins/UK/IBM@IB
> >>              MGB
> >>                                        "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
> >>              28/07/2004 14:34          <ax...@ws.apache.org>
> >>                                                                         cc
> >>
> >>              Please respond to
> >> Subject
> >>               "Apache AXIS C           Re: Problem with WSDL2Ws - have
> >> we
> >>              Developers List"          picked up a partial fix?

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have tried with no success again to do what Adrian is attempting. I
> >> have
> >> got a complete - fresh checkout of Axis C++ (from HEAD).
> >>
> >> I have got the Axis java 1.2beta as pointed to by the URL you gave
> >> earlier.
> >>
> >> I have tried this WSDL - > (See attached file: ComplexTypeAll.wsdl) with
> >> C++ being created.
> >>
> >> The stub generated contained code that does not compile some files have
> >> ">"
> >> in them e.g.
> >>
> >>       xsd__string aRecord>field1;
> >>       xsd__string aRecord>field2;
> >>       xsd__string aRecord>field3;
> >>       aRecord();
> >>       ~aRecord();
> >> };
> >> in the file aRecord.h
> >> (See attached file: aRecord.h)
> >>
> >> Please could someone verify that I am not mad here? Should I not be
> >> taking
> >> from HEAD perhaps?
> >>

> >> thankyou,
> >> John.
> >>
> >> John Hawkins
> >>

> >>              nithya@opensource
> >>              .lk
> >>              28/07/2004 10:30          "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
> >>                                        <ax...@ws.apache.org>
> >>                                                                         cc
> >>              Please respond to
> >>               "Apache AXIS C
> >> Subject
> >>              Developers List"          Re: Problem with WSDL2Ws - have

=== message truncated ===

Posted by ni...@opensource.lk.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi John,

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.

> [...]

Client side -stubs and in server side skeletons & wrappers are
generating using the latest cvs checkout and axis-1_2Beta axis jars.

I think you have encounted this problem because of taking a partial
out of CVS?

rgds,
Nithya.

> Hi,
>
> These are the results we got with axis1_2Beta.
>
> This is the WSDL we are using:(See attached file: Enumeration.wsdl)
>
> Many Thanks for looking into this.
> Adrian
>
> _______________________________________
> Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)
> WebSphere MQ and ESB Development
> Tel: +44-(0)-1962-819212
> Notes: Adrian Dick/UK/IBM@IBMGB
>

>              nithya@opensource
>              .lk

>              28-07-04 06:05            "Apache AXIS C Developers List"

cc
> [...]
>> EnumerationClient.cpp:27: `class Type1' has no member named
>> `att_enum_kind'
>> EnumerationClient.cpp:40: `class Type1' has no member named
> `att_enum_int'
>> EnumerationClient.cpp:41: `class Type1' has no member named
>> `att_enum_string'
>> EnumerationClient.cpp:42: `class Type1' has no member named `enum_int'
>> EnumerationClient.cpp:43: `class Type1' has no member named
>> `enum_string'
>> EnumerationClient.cpp:44: `class Type1' has no member named
>> `att_enum_kind'
>>
>> With the offending file containing:
>>     int Type1>att_enum_int;
>>     xsd__string Type1>att_enum_string;
>>     xsd__string Type1>att_enum_kind;
>>     int Type1>enum_int;
>>     xsd__string Type1>enum_string;
>>
>> Is this a case of unfortunate timing on our part, and taking a partial

(See attached file: ComplexTypeAll.wsdl)(See attached file: aRecord.h)

Re: Problem with WSDL2Ws - have we picked up a partial fix?

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.

Hi,

I have tried with no success again to do what Adrian is attempting. I have
got a complete - fresh checkout of Axis C++ (from HEAD).

I have got the Axis java 1.2beta as pointed to by the URL you gave earlier.

I have tried this WSDL - > (See attached file: ComplexTypeAll.wsdl) with
C++ being created.

The stub generated contained code that does not compile some files have ">"
in them e.g.

      xsd__string aRecord>field1;
      xsd__string aRecord>field2;
      xsd__string aRecord>field3;
      aRecord();
      ~aRecord();
};
in the file aRecord.h
(See attached file: aRecord.h)

Please could someone verify that I am not mad here? Should I not be taking
from HEAD perhaps?

thankyou,
John.

John Hawkins

             nithya@opensource
             .lk
             28/07/2004 10:30          "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
                                       <ax...@ws.apache.org>
                                                                        cc
             Please respond to
              "Apache AXIS C                                       Subject
             Developers List"          Re: Problem with WSDL2Ws - have we
                                       picked up a partial fix?

Hi Adrian,

Client side -stubs and in server side skeletons & wrappers are
generating using the latest cvs checkout and axis-1_2Beta axis jars.

I think you have encounted this problem because of taking a partial
out of CVS?

rgds,
Nithya.

> Hi,
>
> These are the results we got with axis1_2Beta.
>
> This is the WSDL we are using:(See attached file: Enumeration.wsdl)
>
> Many Thanks for looking into this.
> Adrian
>
> _______________________________________
> Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)
> WebSphere MQ and ESB Development
> Tel: +44-(0)-1962-819212
> Notes: Adrian Dick/UK/IBM@IBMGB
>

>              nithya@opensource
>              .lk

>              28-07-04 06:05            "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
>                                        <ax...@ws.apache.org>

cc

Posted by Adrian Dick <ad...@uk.ibm.com>.