Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2012/03/26 17:26:58 UTC

Jenkins permissions

Who controls permissions in Jenkins (builds.a.o)? Please can you grant me build rights for Taglibs-All?

Thanks
Jeremy

Re: Jenkins configuration

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/3/30 Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>:
> On Mar 29, 2012, at 8:22 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>> 2012/3/29 Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>:
>>> However, we are also getting errors about the effective path of parent files which I believe is caused because the aggregating pom in trunks is not actually the parent of the modules it contains. This is because the structure of taglibs was as four projects intended to be released independently (parent, standard, rdc and extended) and not intended to be built as one.
>>>
>> but the parent is in reactors (i.e. a module in the aggregator pom) so
>> not an issue.
>
> Maybe not now but it is causing Maven to warn:
> [WARNING]
> [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for org.apache.taglibs:taglibs-parent:pom:4-SNAPSHOT
> [WARNING] 'parent.relativePath' points at org.apache.tomcat.taglibs:taglibs-aggregator instead of org.apache:apache, please verify your project structure @ line 20, column 11
> [WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability of your build.
> [WARNING]
> [WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed projects.
>
> [
>>> I propose we keep that split in Jenkins and re-configure it into 4 projects matching what would be released. That would also remove the aggregator stub trunks.
>> I like the idea about building all in one shot (at least for lazy
>> maintenance convenience :-) )
>
> It may be more convenient but it's not how we would do a release build. Each of those libraries has different levels of activity and would be released separately - that's what we should be building. Building them together increases the risk of unexpected cross-project issues. It's also building more than is impacted by any change.

all set.
Note snapshots are automatically deployed to
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots .

> --
> Jeremy

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: Jenkins configuration

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Re: Jenkins configuration

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/3/29 Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
> 2012/3/29 Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>:
>> A checkout of trunks is building on my Mac using Maven 3.0.3 but failing in a similar way to Jenkins with Maven 3.0.4
>> It works with 3.0.4 if I remove the -T3 so that it builds single threaded, but the last successful build #15 also used 3.0.4 and -T3
>>
>> I propose to remove the -T3 in the configuration and try again with 3.0.4. I'm new to Jenkins so please advise if there are any issues with that.
> Nice you  found an concurrent access issue in a maven plugin (remote
> resources) using -T :-)
> So I have removed the -T3
already fixed in last version see
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRRESOURCES-54