Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com> on 2009/05/23 18:25:56 UTC

Re: Apache httpd vs Tomcat static content performance [more results]

Christopher Schultz wrote:

Chris, there's something wrong with this post.

Re: Apache httpd vs Tomcat static content performance [more results]

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Apache httpd vs Tomcat static content performance [more results]

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Caldarale, Charles R
> Subject: RE: Apache httpd vs Tomcat static content performance [more
> results]

There are some extracts from the 2007 O'Reilly Tomcat book about benchmarking on somewhat newer hardware than Chris is using:
http://www.devshed.com/c/b/BrainDump/

The interesting articles are dated 02-12-09 through 03-05-09 (silly American date format), with actual results in the second page of the 02-26-09 article:
http://www.devshed.com/c/a/BrainDump/Tomcat-Benchmark-Procedure/1/

 - Chuck

RE: Apache httpd vs Tomcat static content performance [more results]

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: Apache httpd vs Tomcat static content performance [more
> results]
>
> Chris, there's something wrong with this post.

You have to use lemon juice and a heat source to read it...

 - Chuck