Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Gaurav1809 <ga...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/09 19:37:14 UTC

Which streaming platform is best? Kafka or Spark Streaming?

Hi All, Would you please let me know which streaming platform is best. Be it
server log processing, social media feeds ot any such streaming data. I want
to know the comparison between Kafka & Spark Streaming.

Re: Which streaming platform is best? Kafka or Spark Streaming?

Posted by Gaurav Pandya <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much guys. My question may sound little bit off but was
somewhat confused so wanted to get some expert advice on this. I will take
a look at the links mentioned in the replies. I really appreciate your
suggestions. These are the kind of answers I needed to clear my doubts.
Have a nice day ahead.

Posted by vaquar khan <va...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Robin East <ro...@xense.co.uk>.
As Jorn says there is no best. I would start with https://www.oreilly.com/ideas/the-world-beyond-batch-streaming-101. This will help you form some meaningful questions about what tools suit which use cases. Most places have a selection of tools such as spark, kafka, flink, storm, flume and so on.
Robin East
Spark GraphX in Action Michael Malak and Robin East
Manning Publications Co.
http://www.manning.com/books/spark-graphx-in-action <http://www.manning.com/books/spark-graphx-in-action>

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.