Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Nan Zhu <zh...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/05 14:45:38 UTC

how to bind spark-master to the public IP of EC2

Hi, all

How to bind spark-master to the public IP of EC2?

I tried to set spark-env.sh, but it failed

Thank you

Best,

--
Nan Zhu

Re: how to bind spark-master to the public IP of EC2

Posted by Nan Zhu <zh...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I did that, it runs well when I bind to a private IP on EC2, but I cannot bind to the public IP

I checked with the EC2 docs, it seems that the public IP is not something binded with a NIC device of your instance, but a stuff got from NAT

so the program cannot create socket on it

Best,

--
Nan Zhu

Posted by Prashant Sharma <sc...@gmail.com>.