Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Amit Handa <am...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/29 13:33:15 UTC

Help in Configuring Flume 1.2 in Hadoop

Hi All,

I am new to flume. kindly guide me how to configure Flume 1.X in Hadoop
(both single node and multi node setup) and use Flume API?

With Regards,
Amit

Re: Help in Configuring Flume 1.2 in Hadoop

Posted by alo alt <wg...@googlemail.com>.

http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh4/cdh/4/flume-ng-1.1.0-cdh4.0.0b2/apidocs/org/apache/flume/

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

Re: Help in Configuring Flume 1.2 in Hadoop

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Amit,

            Please find my comments embedded below :
> 1) As per that tutorial following command should work
> "bin/flume-ng agent --conf ./conf/ -f conf/flume.conf -n agent1"
> but at my end this command is not working as it's , but if i modify that
> command to
> "bin/flume-ng node --conf ./conf/ -f conf/flume.conf -n agent1" then it work
> fine as per described in link
> https://cwiki.apache.org/FLUME/getting-started.html

That is absolutely fine. The second command used by you is more
appropriate. It allows us to start an agent with a name of our choice

> 2) I want to know how to view that log( File) sent from Avro-Client to Flume
> Agent(or Node).

To see the data you need to look inside the sink which you have
configured in your conf file.

Posted by Amit Handa <am...@gmail.com>.
HI Tariq,
Thanks for your reply. I followed steps described in

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.