Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk> on 2017/02/03 14:30:44 UTC

KIP-119: Drop Support for Scala 2.10 in Kafka 0.11

Hi all,

I have posted a KIP for dropping support for Scala 2.10 in Kafka 0.11:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-119%3A+Drop+Support+for+Scala+2.10+in+Kafka+0.11

Please take a look. Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ismael

Re: KIP-119: Drop Support for Scala 2.10 in Kafka 0.11

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
because:

kafka will always be plagued by synchronisation issues between scala and java codebases:

Scala consistently fails converting Java generics (necessitating manual conversion from scala to Java)

+1 to drop Scala 2.10

(non-binding)

Martin

________________________________
Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding) for KIP-119

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Hi Grant,

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Hi Grant,

Posted by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
So far the feedback is positive, but there weren't many responses. I'll
start a vote next week if there are no objections until then.

Ismael

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Posted by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com>.