Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Georg Henzler <gh...@apache.org> on 2018/08/23 17:42:45 UTC

Proposal new module: org.apache.sling.installer.provider.installhook

Hi all,

to allow for synchronous installation of bundles/configs for certain
edge cases [1], I would like to contribute the new module
org.apache.sling.installer.provider.installhook. This way of installing
is useful for certain dependencies scenarios as described in the ticket.

Is the module well named? Any suggestion about the feature itself?

The module is currently in [2] as I was not aware of [3]. If everyone
agrees, I would like to create a repository
org.apache.sling.installer.provider.installhook in
https://github.com/Apache and move the commits from [2] there!

-Georg

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7790
[2]
https://github.com/ghenzler/org.apache.sling.installer.provider.installhook
[3] https://github.com/Apache/sling-whiteboard

Re: Proposal new module: org.apache.sling.installer.provider.installhook

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Georg,

On Thu, 2018-08-23 at 19:42 +0200, Georg Henzler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> to allow for synchronous installation of bundles/configs for certain
> edge cases [1], I would like to contribute the new module
> org.apache.sling.installer.provider.installhook. This way of
> installing
> is useful for certain dependencies scenarios as described in the
> ticket.
>
> Is the module well named? Any suggestion about the feature itself?
>
> The module is currently in [2] as I was not aware of [3]. If
> everyone
> agrees, I would like to create a repository
> org.apache.sling.installer.provider.installhook in
> https://github.com/Apache and move the commits from [2] there!

+1

Robert