Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Bernd Mathiske <be...@mesosphere.io> on 2015/05/19 19:56:04 UTC

How to reference images in /docs?

When adding/editing MD documentation in the “docs” folder of the Mesos workspace, I’d like to add some graphics. I have found two pre-existing approaches.

1. In mesos-architecture.md, we find:
    ![Mesos Architecture](http://mesos.apache.org/assets/img/documentation/architecture3.jpg)

2. In external-containerizer.md, we find:
     ![Recovery Scheme](images/ec_recover_seqdiag.png?raw=true)

In case of #1 the images turn up on the Apache Mesos web page, eventually, but not until that has been pushed. In case of #2 you can point your MD renderer at your local Mesos workspace and they show up then.

Is there a better third path that displays the images in multiple situations? If not, am I assuming correctly that #1 is preferred?

Bernd

Re: How to reference images in /docs?

Posted by Dave Lester <da...@davelester.org>.
Thanks for pointing this out.

IMO option 2 is correct -- docs should be viewable offline as well as on
the website -- however we clearly need to fix how this is rendered on
the website -- I wasn't aware that these were broken until now.

Dave