Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Martina Fuß <mf...@cwi.at> on 2000/08/28 13:49:31 UTC

problems when running xalan example, Please help us

Gentlemen,
we are testing the highly recommended Xalan Processor. We tried to do the
set-up "right" according to the well-written "SAMPLE Document". All examples
seem to run successfully-WITH THE EXCEPTION of the "EXTENSIONS" .
We refer to the first example using the XSL File: 1basicJscript.xml. The
error message is
CALL TO EXTENSION ELEMENT FAILED: UNABLE TO LOAD LANGUAGE: javascript
We are aware that for the "ExtensionExamples" we need to put the 3
additional jar files: bsf.jar, bsfengines.jar and "(for the JavaScript
extensions) js.jar" in the callpath.
We have done so putting them in our subdirectory C:\xalan and defining the
CLASSPATH accordingly.
As this seems to us a critical step, several "experts" have checked and
double-checked this set-up. Everything seems to be all right in the set-up.
ALSO: in order to use other Script Languages, namely Jscript and VBScript,
we have downloaded the required DLL (MSVCP60.DLL) from Microsoft as
explained on page 2 of your document Xalan-Java Extensions document. We have
NOT put these in CLASSPATH because your generally excellent documentation
does not request that.
The same error message is appears.
We are at a loss what to do. Specifically, as generally the product seems to
be excellent- and well-documented.
PLEASE GIVE US A CLUE.
We appreciate your extra effort.
Paul Perner

p.s.:could you please inform us where to view or download documentation
material about apache xalan?