Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "tong_ss@csbucn.com" <to...@csbucn.com> on 2016/07/05 02:39:27 UTC

org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Failed to update metadata after 3000 ms

Hi,
I have 2 Kafka nodes and 1 zookeeper node.
When I use kill -9 to shutdown the kafk-node1,I got the error message from the producer when sending messages:
org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Failed to update metadata after 3000 ms

The kafka client version is:  0.9.0.1, producer configs as below:

bootstrap.servers=kafk-node1:9092,kafk-node1:9092
acks=1
retries=0
batch.size=16384
linger.ms=10
buffer.memory=33554432
max.block.ms=3000

What't the problem?

Re: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Failed to update metadata after 3000 ms

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Hi,

Comment below.

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 3:39 AM, tong_ss@csbucn.com <to...@csbucn.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I have 2 Kafka nodes and 1 zookeeper node.
> When I use kill -9 to shutdown the kafk-node1,I got the error message from
> the producer when sending messages:
> org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Failed to update metadata
> after 3000 ms
>
> The kafka client version is:  0.9.0.1, producer configs as below:
>
> bootstrap.servers=kafk-node1:9092,kafk-node1:9092

It seems like both servers are the same?

Ismael