Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Nirmal Kumar <ni...@impetus.co.in> on 2014/09/29 13:46:49 UTC

Apache Hadoop 2.x Sqoop Connectors for Teradata

Hello Experts,

Can anybody tell me which Sqoop Connectors for Teradata are compatible with Apache Hadoop 2.x from apache site?

I see the following Teradata connectors for Hadoop are available:

  *   Teradata Connector for Hadoop (Command Line Edition) from Teradata Site
  *   Hortonworks Connector for Teradata ("Hortonworks Connector")
  *   Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata

I want to do an incremental import from Teradata to Hive and a bit confused with all the above different connectors.

Can I use ONLY Sqoop command line options if possible with the supported ones ?

Thanks,
Nirmal

________________________________

RE: Apache Hadoop 2.x Sqoop Connectors for Teradata

Posted by Nirmal Kumar <ni...@impetus.co.in>.
Thanks Jarek for the info.

You are right I need to confirm from the Vendor's forum regarding the compatibility of their connectors with Apache Hadoop 2.x.

I believe all the Hadoop distros are originally rooted from Apache Hadoop.
But not sure whether the Vendor specific connectors will work with the plain vanilla Apache Hadoop 2.x.

I will definitely give a try though and let you know.

-Nirmal

neither of the connectors is an ASF product and hence you might be better to ask your question on it’s vendor forums.

I have knowledge only about “Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata” and hence I’ll comment only this one. It has been developed, tested and verified with CDH 4 and 5, so it’s definitely working there. CDH is based on Hadoop 2.x, so I would expect that it will work out of the box on pure Hadoop 2.x as well. Have you tried it and seen some issues?

Jarcec

Re: Apache Hadoop 2.x Sqoop Connectors for Teradata

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Nirmal