Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Peter Wicks (pwicks)" <pw...@micron.com> on 2018/04/12 06:29:51 UTC

(NiFi 1.6) Funnels with no outgoing relationship filling my app log

I just upgraded one of my servers to NiFi 1.6.0. I have a couple of funnels that just dead end, Flow File's come in but never go anywhere after that. Mostly I use this for troubleshooting/validation. The inbound relationships all have expiration times, and it's a quick way for me to inspect the output of a processor on the fly.

These funnel's are filling up my logs with errors that they can't output to Relationship '' (see error log below). If I attach the Funnel to another downstream processor than everything is fine. I went back and tested on my 1.5.0 server and did not see the errors.

I briefly looked through the code, but the bug didn't jump out at me.

2018-04-11 23:53:28,066 ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-31] o.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFunnel StandardFunnel[id=b868231c-0162-1000-571c-ae3e7d15d848] StandardFunnel[id=b868231c-0162-1000-571c-ae3e7d15d848] failed to process session due to java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Relationship '' is not known; Processor Administratively Yielded for 1 sec: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Relationship '' is not known
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Relationship '' is not known
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFunnel.onTrigger(StandardFunnel.java:365)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.tasks.ConnectableTask.invoke(ConnectableTask.java:175)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.scheduling.TimerDrivenSchedulingAgent$1.run(TimerDrivenSchedulingAgent.java:117)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Relationship '' is not known
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.repository.StandardProcessSession.transfer(StandardProcessSession.java:1935)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFunnel.onTrigger(StandardFunnel.java:379)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFunnel.onTrigger(StandardFunnel.java:358)
        ... 9 common frames omitted

Thanks,
  Peter

RE: (NiFi 1.6) Funnels with no outgoing relationship filling my app log