Posted to user@bloodhound.apache.org by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/09 21:04:46 UTC

[ANN] TracGViz 1.4.2

Hi!

After a long time of low activity I'm pleased to announce the release
of version 1.4.2 of TracGViz plugin [1]_ . It offers integration of
Trac and Apache™ Bloodhound with Google Charts API, amongst other
features.

It's available for download from PyPI [2]_ and sourceforge.net [8]_ .
The change log is really long. Please take a look at those pages.

Undoubtedly the most important enhancement has been the implementation
of a query engine aimed at being compatible with Google Charts query
language version 0.7 . There's still a lot of work to get there though
; beware of the differences [3]_ .

There are a few demos [7]_ in project wiki. We'll be adding more soon
(see below).

I'll be working towards version 1.4.3 [4]_ (due October 1st, 2013) and
1.5.1 [5]_ (due January 15th, 2014). Some of the immediate goals are :

  - Improved documentation
    * Illustrate how to render graphs offered by related charting plugins
      and known project analytics solutions
  - Implement a widgets library suitable for deployments behind firewalls
    * see an early preview of some demos here [6]_
    * ... and beware of the fact that atm this is WiP
  - Multiple repository support
  - Optimizations for Apache Bloodhound
  - Performance optimizations in data sources and query engine

Hope you like it. Happy hacking !
o<|:)

PS: It's not possible yet to create tickets in the issue tracker, at
least not until I finish working on OpenId auth and deploy it on that
site. Meanwhile , please, use trac-users@... mailing list to request
for support and report bugs, if any. I apologize if this causes any
trouble. I estimate this will be ready in the next one or two weeks.

.. [1] http://dataviz.blood-hound.net/wiki/Packages/TracGViz

.. [2] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/TracGViz/1.4.2

.. [3] http://dataviz.blood-hound.net/wiki/UserDoc/QueryLanguageCompatibility

.. [4] http://dataviz.blood-hound.net/milestone/tracgviz_1.4.3

.. [5] http://dataviz.blood-hound.net/milestone/tracgviz_1.5.1

.. [6] http://widgets.blood-hound.net/wiki/Demos

.. [7] http://dataviz.blood-hound.net/wiki/Demos

.. [8] https://sourceforge.net/projects/simelo/files/TracGViz/1.4.2

Olemis - @olemislc

Apache™ Bloodhound contributor
http://issues.apache.org/bloodhound
http://blood-hound.net

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:

Re: [ANN] TracGViz 1.4.2

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 8/9/13, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
>   - Implement a widgets library suitable for deployments behind firewalls
>     * see an early preview of some demos here [6]_
>     * ... and beware of the fact that atm this is WiP
[...]
> .. [6] http://widgets.blood-hound.net/wiki/Demos

[...]

I've received complaints because pages in widgets.blood-hound.net were
not visible at all. This seems to be fixed after granting 'anonymous'
user with PRODUCT_VIEW permission . Sorry if this caused any trouble .

For those who could not see demos in action and are still interested
on the subject they should be available now .

Re: [ANN] TracGViz 1.4.2

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.