Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by shamik <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/11 18:58:41 UTC

Re: AW: Lucene 4.x -> 5 : IllegalStateException while sorting

I'm facing similar issue. I've a field which is being used for result
grouping.

<field name="ADDedup" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="false" required="false" omitNorms="true"  docValues="true"/>

I did a rolling update from 4.7 to 5.0. I started getting the error on any
group by query --> "SolrDispatchFilter
null:java.lang.IllegalStateException: unexpected docvalues type NONE for
field 'ADSKDedup' (expected=SORTED). Use UninvertingReader or dex with
docvalues."

Does this mean that I need to re-index all the documents over again ?