Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kenny G. Dubuisson, Jr." <kd...@kcmria.com> on 2002/08/15 22:27:15 UTC

Still can't get Apache to forward to Tomcat

I've been trying all day (installed from blank hard drive twice) and I can't
get Apache to forward requests to Tomcat.  I'm testing this by trying to
access http://localhost/examples.  It should be forwarding to
http://localhost:8080/examples (Tomcat's examples).

I've found the following two entries in my Apache error.log file:
[Thu Aug 15 15:23:51 2002] [error] lb_worker.service() all workers in error
or disabled state
[Thu Aug 15 15:23:51 2002] [error] mod_jk.handler() Error connecting to
tomcat 21000

Does anyone have any ideas?  I used the workers2.properties and
jk2.properties files from Dave on this list (I only changed the paths).
Everything else is default Apache 2.0.39, Tomcat 4.1.8, and JSDK 1.3.1.
Thanks,
Kenny

Re: Still can't get Apache to forward to Tomcat

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Kenny G. Dubuisson, Jr. wrote:

> I've been trying all day (installed from blank hard drive twice) and
> I can't get Apache to forward requests to Tomcat.  I'm testing this
> by trying to access http://localhost/examples.  It should be
> forwarding to http://localhost:8080/examples (Tomcat's examples).
>
> I've found the following two entries in my Apache error.log file:
> [Thu Aug 15 15:23:51 2002] [error] lb_worker.service() all workers in error
> or disabled state
> [Thu Aug 15 15:23:51 2002] [error] mod_jk.handler() Error connecting to
> tomcat 21000
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?  I used the workers2.properties and
> jk2.properties files from Dave on this list (I only changed the paths).
> Everything else is default Apache 2.0.39, Tomcat 4.1.8, and JSDK 1.3.1.
> Thanks,
> Kenny

Did you make sure that both sides (i.e. Apache and Tomcat) agree on
what port the Tomcat AJP connector is running on?  For the Apache
side, that's specified in one of those properties files (I know
mod_jk, not mod_jk2, so I can't tell you for sure where it's
specified).  For the Tomcat side, it's specified in server.xml, look
for the Connector tag that specifies the AJP info.

I'm wondering if that "21000" above indicates that the Apache side is
looking for it on port 21000.  The default "out of the box" on the
Tomcat side in server.xml is 8009.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Systems and Technology Services (STS)