Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Sandesh Hegde <sa...@datatorrent.com> on 2015/11/17 20:15:58 UTC

Apache Geode & Yarn

Hello Team,

Can you please tell me whether Geode supports running on YARN ?

Thanks
Sandesh

Re: Apache Geode & Yarn

Posted by Ashish Tadose <as...@gmail.com>.
In my opinion Geode on Yarn or Hadoop supported frameworks would be good
integration for following reasons

- This would be the closest integration with Hadoop as Geode server can run
on same nodes as HDFS for fast access to hadoop data
- It would be great for organization to try out Geode capabilities in
existing yarn setup.
- There have been quicker adoption for technologies providing yarn
integration such as Spark against non yarn based technologies as Storm in
beginning.

On implementation strategy agree with Roman that Apache slider would be
better choice as Yarn support for long running processes is still work in
progress check https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-896

Thanks,
Ashish

Re: Apache Geode & Yarn