Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/10 07:42:26 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Apache IoTDB as TLP

Dear all IPMCs:

Following discussions with great support from our mentors,
committers and community members.
I would like to call for a formal VOTE for graduating Apache IoTDB
(Incubating),
as a Top Level Project.

This is a formal voting thread about Apache IoTDB's graduation, please Vote:
[ ] +1 - Recommend graduation of Apache IoTDB as a TLP
[ ]  0
[ ] -1 - Do not recommend the graduation of Apache IoTDB because...

The VOTE will open for at least 72 hours.

Apache IoTDB (Incubating) entered the incubator in Nov 2018, the community
has grown vibrantly since, with all the design, development happening on
the Apache infrastructure, the "Apache Way".

To list a few of the community's achievements,

- Apache IoTDB name search has been approved
- Accepted > 1300 PRs from 75 contributors
- Migrated developer conversations to the list at dev@iotdb.apache.org
  (more than 3000 mails, without JIRA notifications, and gitbox, are sent
by more than 160 persons)
- There are 9 versions (3 major versions) released successfully conformant
to Apache release policy by 5 release managers;
- Invited 12 new committers (all of them accepted)
- invited 4 of those new committers to join the PMC (all of them accepted)
- Our proposed PMC is diverse and consists of members from more than 10
organizations

Preparations and discussions history about the graduation:

- The maturity assessment is done [2],
- The community agreed on starting the graduation process in a formal vote
[3] (result see [4]).
And, I'd like to note that all our mentors also participated in the vote
with a positive vote!
- The community also decided about a suggestion for the initial VP, a
charter [5, 6] and the initial PMC list [7].
- We also received positive feedback from the incubator general mailing
list [8].

The draft of the resolution:

Establish the Apache IoTDB Project

       open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
       the public, related to an IoT native database with high performance
       for data management and analysis, on the edge and the cloud.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache IoTDB Project",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache IoTDB Project be and hereby is
       related to an IoT native database with high performance
       for data management and analysis, on the edge and the cloud.
       and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache IoTDB be
       and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
       serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
       of the Apache IoTDB Project, and to have primary responsibility
       for management of the projects within the scope of
       responsibility of the Apache IoTDB Project; and be it further

       Apache IoTDB Project:

         * Chen Wang  <wa...@apache.org>
         * Christofer Dutz <cd...@apache.org>
         * Dawei Liu <li...@apache.org>
         * Gaofei Cao <ca...@apache.org>
         * Haonan Hou <ha...@apache.org>
         * Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org>
         * Jianmin Wang <ji...@apache.org>
         * Jincheng Sun <ji...@apache.org>
         * Jinrui Zhang <xi...@apache.org>
         * Julian Feinauer <jf...@apache.org>
         * Jun Yuan <yu...@apache.org>
         * Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>
         * Kevin A. McGrail <km...@apache.org>
         * Kun Liu <li...@apache.org>
         * Lei Rui <le...@apache.org>
         * Rong Kang <ka...@apache.org>
         * Rui Liu <li...@apache.org>
         * Shuo Zhang <sh...@apache.org>
         * Stefanie Zhao <zh...@apache.org>
         * Tian Jiang <ji...@apache.org>
         * Tianan Li <lt...@apache.org>
         * Willem Ning Jiang <ni...@apache.org>
         * Xiangdong Huang <hx...@apache.org>

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Xiangdong Huang
       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache IoTDB, to
       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
       or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache IoTDB PMC be and hereby is
       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
       encourage open development and increased participation in the
       Apache IoTDB Project; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache IoTDB Project be and hereby
       Incubator IoTDB podling; and be it further

       Incubator IoTDB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
       Project are hereafter discharged.

[0] https://iotdb.apache.org
[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r83af02254859c88f2555778e59a5a6fc72a1d9bb4c30c52a82065353%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=148645763
[3]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r5fe46923c8625601a25e51340f1df6a2b6472e52dfa2648df116f618%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E
[4]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rd99752552f6ecacaebd4ae4b27b4223c7899aabfa3ea22540a8f0924%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E
[5]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ra072c0f047c25a439088d12a3fca9e38f67870e71a430772b242343c%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E
[6]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r884906a2fb1f7e1b6538f9c444d763f2ea6964bbbc707b2a832f8c7c%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E
[7]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r768dace1874ac9e1eed6ed138ae1a686b381a9775ba648d0fa5cef22%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E
[8]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r8eb35e50f7b6728af1e9662c750b04d06677950238c04cb2d2044c9e%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Thanks,
Xiangdong Huang
On Behalf of Apache IoTDB PPMC

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache IoTDB as TLP

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
+1 non-binding
Good Luck

Thanks,
Ming Wen, Apache APISIX & Apache SkyWalking
Twitter: _WenMing

Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org> 于2020年9月10日周四 下午3:53写道:

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
+1 (binding)

Chris

Am 10.09.20, 10:35 schrieb "atoildw@163.com im Auftrag von Dawei Liu" <atoildw@163.com im Auftrag von liudw@apache.org>:

    +1 (non-binding)

    Best,
    Dawei Liu
    On 09/10/2020 16:02,Dominik Riemer<ri...@apache.org> wrote:
    +1 (non-binding)

    Great project!

    Dominik

Posted by Dawei Liu <li...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by 孙泽嵩 <sz...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
+1 (non-binding)

Best,
-----------------------------------
Zesong Sun
School of Software, Tsinghua University

孙泽嵩
清华大学 软件学院

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
+1 (binding)

Its an awesome community and so much fun to see the project grow!

Julian

Am 10.09.20, 10:54 schrieb "Patrick Wiener" <wi...@apache.org>:

    +1 (non-binding)

    keep up the great work!

    Patrick

Posted by Patrick Wiener <wi...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Great project!

Dominik

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding, good luck!!
Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Posted by Kevin Ratnasekera <dj...@gmail.com>.
+1 ( binding )

Posted by William Guo <gu...@apache.org>.
+1 (no binding)

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
+1, looking forward to it.

Its a pitty that we cannot have a graduation party alltogether : /

Julian

Am 10.09.20, 09:46 schrieb "Xiangdong Huang" <sa...@gmail.com>:

    Hi all,

    I  have started a formal vote for IoTDB's graduation.

    Welcome to vote on the thread (general@incubator.a.o)
    with binding (IPMC) or non-binding (PPMC, committer, and contributor).

    :D

    Best,
    -----------------------------------
    Xiangdong Huang
    School of Software, Tsinghua University

     黄向东
    清华大学 软件学院

Fwd: [VOTE] Graduate Apache IoTDB as TLP

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

-Gon

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache IoTDB as TLP

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
On 9/17/2020 11:31 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The project has become a TLP so there no need to vote any more :-)
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

+3.14159265359 (I vote for pie)

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache IoTDB as TLP

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache IoTDB as TLP

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.
+1

Best,
Jincheng

Liu Ted <te...@yahoo.com.invalid> 于2020年9月13日周日 下午2:00写道:

回覆:Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache IoTDB as TLP

Posted by Liu Ted <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Tianqi Chen <tq...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)