Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by gm...@cs.ucf.edu on 2009/09/10 01:24:10 UTC

Perceus and Hadoop

Has anyone experimented with using the perceus provisioning system and
hadoop? I am presently trying to get the hadoop cluster up with this system
and I am getting really weird results. sometimes the dfs will start
properly and then other times it will not, and I never change the config
files.

all of the hadoop components are running stateless, and the dfs is pointed
to the two local disks on each node.

I don't believe it is my config files, because when I do manage to get the
dfs up, it works appropriately, from being able to store files to it and
all of the dfsadmin commands. any ideas?

thanks much all

Grant Mackey
PhD student Computer Engineering
University of Central Florida