Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Padma Ginnaram <pa...@s1.com> on 2002/10/17 19:15:50 UTC

Sub Application & Shared Tiles Definitions Factory

I found the following note in tiles user guide about the shared definitions
factory

	"This plugin creates one single shared factory even if you have
several modules. The plugin first read factory parameters from web.xml and
then overload them with parameters from the first struts-config.xml file
read. Read order is determined by the order of module declarations in
web.xml."

Why force the sub apps to share the definitions, and why force our selves
into providing unique names for definitions across multiple sub
applications?  If there are any common definitions across the sub apps, we
can specify multiple files, so what am I missing.

thanks,
Padma

Re: Sub Application & Shared Tiles Definitions Factory

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  It was just a quick adaptation of Tiles to the new concept of modules.
You are right that there is no reasons to enforce such rules. Any
proposal, and why not examples of how the Tiles config files should
behave and look like in the case of modules are welcome.

        Cedric

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
This topic is in focus right now.  Be patient.  Feel free to search the
archive for struts-dev for the last 24 hrs if you'd like to see what's
going on.  Heck, feel free to join struts-dev and join in the discussion ;-)

--
Eddie Bush