Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Angelo Schneider <an...@oomentor.de> on 2019/09/28 11:29:30 UTC

Small build problems on Java 10 / Mac OS 10.9.2 / Gradle 5.6.2

Hello everyone,

I like to experiment with adding smalltalk like method calls to groovy (as a pet project, not as a contribution as I guess no one wants it).

Any hint where to start (compiler classes etc.) would be helpful.

Thank you

Angelo

Re: Small build problems on Java 10 / Mac OS 10.9.2 / Gradle 5.6.2

Posted by Angelo Schneider <an...@oomentor.de>.
Oh, sorry,

I did not adjust the Subject (because first I had some gradle build problems)

simply making it possible to define methods like this:
that:should:be:called:like:that:

object that:one should: two be: three called: four like: five that: six;

And an idea about where to start (there must be a Visitor somewhere :D )

I’m tweaking the lexer and parser at the moment to see where the additions show up in the code.

E.g. using § as an end of line comment … it is a non used char and somehow using it looks kind of
'literate programming‘.

Best Regards,
Angelo

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.