Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by victor_emailbox <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/09 17:54:31 UTC

Nutch-site.xml vs Nutch-default.xml

Hi all,
  I spent a lot of time to figure out why Nutch didn't respond to my
configuration in nutch-site.xml.  I set db.ignore.external.links to true.
It didn't work.  Then I realized that Nutch-default.xml also has same
db.ignore.external.links but it was set to false.  So I set it to true too,
and it works.  Isn't nutch-site.xml supposed to override the setting in
Nutch-default.xml?
Many thanks.

Sent from the Nutch - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Nutch-site.xml vs Nutch-default.xml

Posted by Tomi NA <he...@gmail.com>.
On 9/9/06, victor_emailbox <vi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>   I spent a lot of time to figure out why Nutch didn't respond to my
> configuration in nutch-site.xml.  I set db.ignore.external.links to true.
> It didn't work.  Then I realized that Nutch-default.xml also has same
> db.ignore.external.links but it was set to false.  So I set it to true too,
> and it works.  Isn't nutch-site.xml supposed to override the setting in
> Nutch-default.xml?
> Many thanks.

I have no idea what's wrong with your nutch configuration, but yes,
nutch-site overrides nutch-default. Maybe someone else has an
explanation to offer.

t.n.a.