Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Carrot Hu -CIC <ca...@cicdata.com> on 2015/08/26 10:20:04 UTC

Character Encoding Issue

Dear Team,

I have encountered the following problem when using "SHOW TABLES" in drill shell:

"Error: PARSE ERROR: At line 0, column 0: Cannot apply = to the two different charsets UTF-16LE and ISO-8859-1"

Previously, to deal with Chinses characters in my program, I have added the following configuration:

"Dsaffron.default.charset=UTF-16LE" to "drill.env.sh",

It appears that this is not consistent with Drill's internal parser.

How can I resolve this, without using "_UTF16" to encode characters in a query ?

Thanks a lot !

Yiyi

Re: Character Encoding Issue

Posted by Edmon Begoli <eb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yiyi,

This is a known issue with Drill 1.1, and it has been recorded. I expect
that it will be fixed in the next few releases.

Thank you,
Edmon