Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by MaFai <zh...@hkbn.com.hk> on 2003/09/30 03:39:21 UTC

500 error,while use default error page

Hello, tomcat-user,

I have retest in my locatl(w2k,tomcat.4.1),it work.

When I work on the remote computer(tomcat combine with apache)

web.xml Like this

  <error-page>
    <exception-type>STB.Exception.OperateDBException</exception-type>
    <location>/servlet/STB.Exception.ExceptionHandler</location>
  </error-page>
<!-- This Realm Charge for the Input Invalid exception,
  all the invalid input value exception will be forward to the STB.Exception.ExceptionHandler-->

  <error-page>
    <exception-type>STB.Exception.InvalidValueException</exception-type>
    <location>/stb/hello.htm</location>
  </error-page>

When the exception throw,the IE would show 500 error,it seems some servlet set the error status(The output doesn't generated by tomcat,it gen by IE itself,so suppose the tomcat set the error status to 500).

But in local machine,the  ExceptionHandler would charge for that exception and print the msg.

I check the /usr/local/tomcat/logs/catalina.out ,no error finding.
Check the  /usr/local/tomcat/logs/paytv_DBCP_log.2003-09-30.txt

Error Msg:

Mapped to servlet 'default' with servlet path '/stb/hello.htm' and path info 'null' and update=true

It seems weird,and I still not find what caze that.

Any one have idea?

Best regards.

MaFai
zh-ma@hkbn.com.hk