Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by jibu mathew <ji...@deldynamics.com> on 2005/10/18 06:45:42 UTC

need help for generating Query String

Hi all,

I need urgent help for the following issues.

What is the query string to retrieve all the documents indexed
(something similar to *.*)?
In a program I have indexed 10 files. When I do a search using the query
"contents:java", it will return 2 documents. But when I give
"-contents:java", then it will return an empty result set. Does anyone
know what the right query string for this? I.e., to retrieve all
documents that does not contain the word 'java'.
What is the query string to retrieve all the documents which content is
empty?

Please help me as soon as possible

Thanks

Jibu

RE: need help for generating Query String

Posted by jibu mathew <ji...@deldynamics.com>.
Thanks Koji. It worked for me.
jibu

> In a program I have indexed 10 files. When I do a search using the
query
> "contents:java", it will return 2 documents. But when I give
> "-contents:java", then it will return an empty result set. Does anyone
> know what the right query string for this? I.e., to retrieve all
> documents that does not contain the word 'java'.

Please see FAQ of Lucene:

How does one determine which documents do not have a certain term?
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LuceneFAQ#head-0cda565d913389773ca
9c3246bde894c3e99084e

Thank you,

Koji

Re: need help for generating Query String

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@m4.dion.ne.jp>.
Hi,