Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Mike Ward <un...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/26 18:43:02 UTC

Email::Valid returns "invalid domain" for goood email addresses?

Hi,

I'm using Email::Valid to check the validity of submitted email
addresses, and for some reason, it thinks that
"mike[at)skybird-travel.com" (replace [at) with @, obviously) contains
a invalid domain.

I'm using the module like so:
eval {
  $addr = Email::Valid->address( -address => $value,
	-mxcheck => 1,
	-tldcheck => 1,
   );
};

&registration_error('E_INVALIDEMAIL',"Email","Email address domain is
invalid.") if $@;

I suspect I'm just missing something, but I don't seem to be able to
figure it out.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Re: Email::Valid returns "invalid domain" for goood email addresses?

Posted by David Hodgkinson <da...@hodgkinson.org>.
On 26 Nov 2004, at 17:43, Mike Ward wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Email::Valid to check the validity of submitted email
> addresses, and for some reason, it thinks that
> "mike[at)skybird-travel.com" (replace [at) with @, obviously) contains
> a invalid domain.
>
> I'm using the module like so:
> eval {
>   $addr = Email::Valid->address( -address => $value,
> 	-mxcheck => 1,
> 	-tldcheck => 1,
>    );
> };

Knock the switches out and see which one triggers it...

--
Dave Hodgkinson
CTO, Rockit Factory Ltd.

Re: Email::Valid returns "invalid domain" for goood email addresses?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Mike Ward wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Email::Valid to check the validity of submitted email
> addresses, and for some reason, it thinks that
> "mike[at)skybird-travel.com" (replace [at) with @, obviously) contains
> a invalid domain.

I'm sorry Mike, but please stick to modperl questions on this list. This
is obviously a way offtopic. Look at http://lists.perl.org to find an
appropriate list for this kind of questions. Thank you.