Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Alexander Langer <al...@s-3.de> on 2004/10/14 10:28:26 UTC

XML-RPC with NTLM (windows integrated authentication)

Hi!

I have an applet, started out of a web application, which communicates with
a xml-rpc server written in PHP. As long as I am using XMLRpcClientLite
everything works in a "normal" environment.

Now our customers want to run the web app on IIS with authentication turned
on. JRE >= 1.4.2 for MS Windows supports this, but XMLRpcClientLite somehow
works around Java's native HTTP functions. So I switched to XMLRpcClient but
with this the applet does not work no matter whether the authentication is
switched on or off on the server side. I have to add "?PHPSESSID=xxx" to the
URL of the XML-RPC server but with XMLRpcClient seems not to submit this
parameter. This leads the server script to create a new session which is
invalid.

Googling around didn't help. It seems there ain't any competitor to this
xml-rpc implementation for java anymore and for some reason noone seems to
have my problem.

Is someone able to help me out?

Is this library still under active development? Nothing seems to happen
anymore...

Thanks,
al

--