Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Yair Lenga <ya...@ssmb.com> on 2002/03/12 15:30:25 UTC

Using DBCP for production projects

Greetings,

I am currently in the process of moving a small servlet based application into a new web server (Netscape -> Apache). The project is using Sybase backend - and I need a good implementation of a connection pool.

I hope that someone can provide me with some feedback regarding the quality of DBCP. Is it currently "production" quality ? Is it being extensively used by other products / modules ?

Alternatively, can someone recommended another (public domain) generic connection pool that will work with Tomcat 4.0 - ideally one that support the dataSource JDBC2 interface ?

Thanks
Yair Lenga