Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Marco Crivellaro <mc...@optasportsdata.com> on 2011/03/15 16:46:00 UTC

cleanup camel cached producers

Is there a way to access the list of camel producers and cleanup all
instances so that they can be collected by the garbage collector?

Re: cleanup camel cached producers

Posted by Marco Crivellaro <mc...@optasportsdata.com>.
the problem I am having is that my application after running for some days
runs out of memory, checking what is in the heap I can find a lot of
producers (and related instances).

I would like to stop a producer at the end of the route (or every timeframe)
as the producer my application will use are thousands and I don't have any
benefit in caching them.

I've tried to limit the cache but I still see more producers cached than the
limit I've set.

Re: cleanup camel cached producers

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <ak...@fusesource.com>.
Hi,

All endpoint(producers and consumers) are known to the camel context and the
camel context is responsible for cleanup during shutdown.

The components that create the endpoints (HTTP, JMS etc) are responsible for
implementing methods such as doStop() which is invoked by the CamelContext
in order to provide explicit cleanup of created resources.

Is there something that you are seeing/not seeing? Please provide more data
in this case.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
http://fusesource.com

Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com