Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> on 2011/09/30 17:35:22 UTC

DEPENDENCIES file

Hi Kevan,

On another thread (see bottom of this email) a few days ago you said:

"This archive contains DISCLAIMER and DEPENDENCIES files which are not
in the svn tag."

There doesn't seem to be consistency across Apache on whether to
include the DEPENDENCIES file or not. What are the arguments for not
including it? Certainly Apache Felix favour including it [1]

The way we create releases is our default-parent/pom.xml is configured
to use the maven-remote-resources-plugin to pull in the resource
bundle org.apache:apache-jar-resource-bundle:1.4 ... which is an
Apache standard set of resources as far as I can tell. This includes a
DEPENDENCIES.vm file which of course means our release artifacts have
a DEPENDENCIES file in them.

I've tried adding an
<configuration> element of the maven-remote-resources-plugin in our
parent/default-parent/pom.xml but that doesn't affect what is put into
the source zip.

I'd like to continue using the apache-jar-resource-bundle but without
pulling in the DEPENDENCIES. Unless someone knows of a way of using
the apache-jar-resources-bundle without the DEPENDENCIES file part, I
think our best option is to pull the contents of that into the
default-pom module. Anyone got any other suggestions?

[1] http://felix.apache.org/site/dependencies-file-template.html

Cheers,
Jeremy

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi David, any hints on how to configure the remote resources plugin to
use org.apache:apache-jar-resource-bundle:1.4 but exclude the
DEPENDENCIES file?

I've tried adding an
<configuration> element of the maven-remote-resources-plugin in our
parent/default-parent/pom.xml but that doesn't affect what is put into
the source zip.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Re: DEPENDENCIES file