Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Adrian Conlon <Ad...@arup.com> on 2015/10/16 17:20:18 UTC

Some questions about trunk and ManifoldCF 2.3

Hi List,

I'm interested in the forthcoming release of ManifoldCF, 2.3 and was wondering if the current trunk is effectively what'll be in this release.  Specifically, I'm only really concerned with one new feature, the update to Tika 1.10.  It includes a new version of POI which includes a couple of bug fixes from myself.

So, if I were to build trunk, would it be a drop in replacement to 2.2?  I'm not too worried about existing crawler databases etc., more concerned about configurations and general stability.

I'm not intending to hold it against the project if things go wrong!  I do realise that:

a)      It's unreleased trunk

b)      There's an updated release coming along at the end of December (if Jira is correct)

Thanks,

Adrian

p.s.
It'd also be useful to confirm that 2.3 is still on track for the end of the year...

Re: Some questions about trunk and ManifoldCF 2.3

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adrian,

(1) There have been no schema changes in 2.3 vs. 2.2.
(2) Framework changes have been light, but fix significant bugs.
(3) New connectors have landed.
(4) No guarantee that further changes in 2.3 won't change any of these
answers going forward.

In short, I think that, if you are already on 2.2, it's safe to go to trunk
right now.
Karl