Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by RadhaJayalakshmi <rl...@inautix.co.in> on 2013/11/27 04:41:35 UTC

Is it possible to have only fq in my solr query?

Hi,
I am preparing a solr query. in that i am only giving fq parameter .. I dont
give any q parameter..
If i exeucte such query, where only it is having fq, it is not returning any
docs. in the sense it is returning 0 docs.
So, is it always mandatory to have q parameter in solr query?
if so, then i think i should have something like
q=*:* and fq=field:value

Please explain

Thanks
Radha

Re: Is it possible to have only fq in my solr query?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
The sense of "fq" clauses is "for all the docs that
match my primary query, only show the ones that
match the fq clause". There's no primary query to
work with.

If you really need this capability, you can add this to
the <defaults> section of your request handler in
solrconfig.xml
<str name="q">*:*</str>

The oob request handler is
 <requestHandler name="/select" class="solr.SearchHandler">

Best,
Erick